Friday, February 17, 2012

Planned Parenthood / Margaret Sanger

Today I am highlighting Planned Parenthood with a sidebar to Margaret Sanger. I know we have done her recently, and I am aware of the eugenics and racism in her history. However, given the cooked up controversy over insurance coverage of contraception and the beyond ridiculous old white man hearings in congress,(Though I did get a chuckle from hearing Nancy Pelosi say, "Duh") I thought we need some reminders. Not only of Planned Parenthood, which does so much good for so many women and girls, but for Ms. Sanger, who founded PPH and endured much hardship in her life to do it.

 
en.wikipedia.org
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), commonly shortened to Planned Parenthood, is the U.S. affiliate of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and one of its larger members. PPFA is a non-profit organization providing reproductive health and maternal and child health serv...