Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kirsty Dunphey

The Awesome Woman of the Day is Kirsty Dunphey (1979-) A young Australian entrepreneur, speaker, trainer and author who at the age of 27 was able to retire..not that she has! Such an inspiring girl, she has an awesome work ethic, instilled by her parents from an early age. She started her own real estate agency at the age of 21, which 3 years later was ranked the 24th fastest-growing company in Australia (BRW, 2004). She has been awarded the Young Australian of the Year (2004), won the Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year (2002) and has published six book and had her story retold in a number of others.

"Realising that the passion I'd been searching for so desperately could be right in front of my eyes if I just changed my perspective. I had goals for what I wanted my eventual, fabulous career to be. It had to be fun and exciting, it had to give me the potential to push myself and be really successful, and it had to impact on people's lives in a positive way. When I was younger I didn't see that real estate could do that it was just an after-school job. When I started to see the effect I could have on people's lives in selling homes … that was it for me. I knew I wanted to do it and do it well. That's why I decided to open an agency rather than just working in one."